- Units $
- About Us
- Nearby Locations
|Size||Unit Details||Web Only Special||Monthly Rate|
|ON-SITE WEB RATE|
No Units Available for the Given Criteria
Sun: 10 am - 2 pm
CLOSED JULY 4TH
Gate Hours Mon-Sun: 7 am - 7 pm
- Do you need climate controlled storage in Colorado Springs?
- Where's the best place for military storage in Colorado Springs?
- Where to find vehicle and car storage in Colorado Springs?
- Where's the best place for RV storage in Colorado Springs?
- Is there boat storage available in Colorado Springs?
- How to find cheap storage units in Colorado Springs?
- How does seasonality affect Colorado Springs self-storage prices?
- How does Colorado Springs student population affect self-storage prices?
- Where to Find Packing and Moving Supplies in Colorado Springs?
Looking for self-storage in Colorado Springs? Read on as we answer all the questions you may have when looking for a self-storage unit here in Colorado Springs!
Features of STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage
- Your peace of mind is always our top priority, so our facility has 24/7 video cameras and door alarms. By storing with us, we know that you're trusting STOR-N-LOCK with your property, and we take that seriously.
- We offer a 5% discount for active duty just ask our managers for details.
- Weather, especially winters, in Colorado Springs can be harsh, which is why we offer units featuring climate control (with heating and A/C), to help keep your belongings comfortable year round.
- We offer a free move-in truck rent credit as well as a free moving carts on-site—just another way STOR-N-LOCK strives to make your moving process easier and less stressful.
- We offer customers drive-up and 7-day access to their self-storage unit. We believe your belongings should always be easily accessible when you need them.
- Our experienced resident managers, Tom and Betty, are well versed in packing, unpacking, and storage needs so they are more than happy to provide expert advice and help.
- For your convenience, we offer autopay and online bill payments!
- To make your job of packing and moving less stressful, we sell moving supplies like boxes, packing tape, and other supplies on site. So if you're storing your belongings while waiting for your home to be built or in another common storage situation we make your moving and storage experience as convenient as possible.
Storage Units Near You in Colorado Springs
STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage in Colorado Springs is located just west of I-25 at Woodmen Road & Rockrimmon Boulevard across from the Woodmen Chapel Church–you can find directions to our storage facility now. Centrally located near the United States Air Force Academy, Eagle Ridge Apartments, Pikes Peak, and a number of other popular outdoor parks, our Colorado Springs location is often praised by customers for its convenient location and nearby amenities. Less than 15 minutes north of downtown Colorado Springs and only ten minutes from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, STOR-N-LOCK is perfectly located for people with any storage needs.
Our Self-Storage Services
We have a variety of site features to help protect your belongings while you store with us. Each of our storage spaces is individually alarmed, we have video cameras monitoring the site, we have fences and outdoor lighting, we have gate controlled access, and our facility managers Tom and Betty live onsite as resident managers for added peace of mind when storing with us.
Climate Controlled Storage Units
We have climate controlled self-storage units available in sizes 5x5 up to 10x25. Our climate controlled units are not only air-conditioned they are also heated which really sets us apart from the competition here in The Springs. Our climate control units are usually kept between 55° F and 85° F year-round which helps keep your items being stored in great shape no matter what season it is. Plus some of our climate controlled units have ultra-high ceilings like the one pictured above which gives you plenty of room to stack your items up. Our climate controlled units typically cost an extra 12-16% more per month but our prices vary by current occupancy and demand and of course, it's worth the cost if you're storing sensitive items.
Drive-Up Access Storage Units
We have a variety of drive up storage units in sizes ranging from 5x10 to our super large 12x35 units. These units are just like they sound—you can drive right up to the unit and load/unload right next to the unit. These offer the ultimate convenience when you're looking to quickly load and unload your belongings. Our drive-up access units are not climate controlled but many items will do just if properly packed for non-climate controlled storage.
EZ Access Storage Units
Self-Storage Units in Colorado Springs
Common Storage FAQ's in Colorado Springs
There are many questions to ask yourself when you find yourself in need of self-storage in Colorado Springs. Below are some of the most common things asked.
Do you need climate controlled storage in Colorado Springs?
If you plan to store items that are sensitive to temperature fluctuations, opting for a temperature-controlled storage unit in Colorado Springs is generally a good idea. Antique and wood furniture, electronics, photos, and musical instruments are just a few examples of beloved possessions that could be susceptible to extreme cold or extreme heat, especially if storing long-term. STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage in Colorado Springs offers climate controlled self-storage units in sizes from 5x5 to 10x25. Unlike other local facilities, these units are both air-conditioned and heated, keeping the temperature between 55°F and 85°F year-round.
Where's the best place for military storage in Colorado Springs?
With four military bases and the Air Force Academy, there is a high chance that military personnel may find themselves in need of self-storage, whether short- or long-term. Our Colorado Springs facility is pleased to offer a number of services and features for our active duty military members.
- Self Storage Discounts - 5% military discount for active duty
- Convenient Auto-pay - So long as your card on file is up to date, you won’t have to worry about paying your bill while deployed
- Facility Security – To help you have extra peace of mind and feel that your belongings are in good hands while you’re deployed, we provide a variety of security features including:
- 24/7 video cameras
- Alarms on every storage unit door
- Controlled gate access
- Friendly, knowledgeable resident managers
Where to find vehicle and car storage in Colorado Springs?
Your car, truck or motorcycle is a large financial investment, so opting for indoor vehicle storage can help protect your assets from the elements. Many facilities offer drive-up access storage units in Colorado Springs that can accommodate storage of your vehicle within them. However, consider a few items before selecting a unit to rent.
- Individual facilities have different policies regarding vehicle storage. Check to see if they allow vehicle storage and what preparations are required.
- Ask about the height of the unit doors. While a facility may say the units are 12’ high, the doors could be only 8’. This would be a problem if you have a tall truck or a vehicle on a trailer.
- Most of the unit door heights at STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage Colorado Springs are 6.5-7’ high and a few (on our largest units) are 8’ high.
- Take into account the total dimensions of your vehicle.
- Many compact cars, like a Toyota Corolla, are 15 feet long and just below 5’ high, so you’d probably need at least a 10x20.
- Pickup trucks can range in length from 18’ to 20’, so a 10x25 storage unit with a minimum of 8’ door height would be ideal for truck storage.
- SUV’s come in a variety of sizes, from 15’ to 19’. So like trucks, this would make a 10x25 unit ideal for SUV’s.
Where's the best place for RV storage in Colorado Springs?
Most RV storage in The Springs is uncovered or only covered by a tin roof, leaving your RV exposed to the elements. For this reason, make sure to winterize your RV before storing. A few self-storage facilities near us that offer RV storage include:
- American Storage – Uncovered spaces
- Garden Of The Gods Self Storage – Uncovered spaces
- Rockrimmon Self Storage – Covered and uncovered for RV or boat
Is there boat storage available in Colorado Springs?
Yes, there is. Keep the following in mind.
- Our storage facility can handle small boats under 8’ high.
- For larger boats, any of the other area storage facilities that offer uncovered parking generally allow boats to be stored.
- Same as with RV’s, because your boat is exposed to the elements, you’ll need to winterize them.
How to find cheap storage units in Colorado Springs?
Nobody wants to waste their hard-earned money. Maximize your savings and find affordable storage by following some of the below tips.
- Book at the right time of year. “Slow season” is typically during fall or winter months.
- Look for seasonal or holiday specials, such as a school-break/summer special.
- Choose the smallest unit needed, and non-climate controlled if not necessary to the integrity of your belongings. If packed correctly, a storage unit can hold quite a lot.
- Consider splitting the cost with a friend. For example, college students can take advantage of sharing a space during school breaks to reduce their overall expenses.
How does seasonality affect Colorado Springs self-storage prices?
Storage unit rental prices are typically based on demand and will often fluctuate throughout the year. Often, the less units available at a facility, prices will increase; the more units that are available, rents will decrease.
- Lower Rents, Slow Season – The months during Fall and Winter are considered the “slow” seasons for self-storage. This is especially true in colder climates like Colorado Springs. Also, moving and decluttering aren’t a priority during the holidays.
- Higher Rents, Busy Season – The months during Spring and Summer, between Memorial Day and Labor Day, are typically the “busy” season. With Spring cleaning and students preparing for Summer break, storage units are more in demand as people are clearing clutter or moving.
How does Colorado Springs student population affect self-storage prices?
Much like housing prices tend to be higher in densely populated areas, rents for self-storage will often be greater than a similar unit size in a lower population town. The University of Colorado Colorado Springs, just a 10-minute drive from STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage, has more than 12,000 students each year. With a majority of these students living on or near campus, the population of Colorado Springs is greatly increased while school is in session. Students often need storage during the summer break between school years. This can drive up the prices of units during these months as the number of units available lessens. If you are a student, consider sharing a unit with classmates to reduce the individual cost.
Where to Find Packing and Moving Supplies in Colorado Springs?
- Office supply stores like Office Depot or Staples usually has a range of box sizes, tape, scissors or knives and packing material such as peanuts or paper.
- We also provide the convenience of selling moving and packing supplies onsite. Boxes, tapes and packing materials are just a few of the items available. Our resident managers will be glad to help you select the proper supplies needed for your move.
Map of Location
Fill in your address below to get turn by turn directions on the map to our facility.
Driving Directions to STOR-N-LOCK Self StorageComing from the North
If you’re coming from the north near the Air Force Academy, etc. head south on I-25. Take Exit 149 for Woodmen Road (which is the exit right after N Academy Boulevard). Turn right (head west) on Woodmen Rd. After you pass the Edmondson Trail Head you’ll see our blue STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage sign and a few of our red storage doors on the right side of the road. Take a right at the next light to continue on Woodmen Rd. Take a right on Chapel Ln. Our facility office and front gate are at the end of Chapel Lane across the street from the Woodmen Valley Chapel Church.Coming from the South
If you’re coming from the south near Downtown Colorado Springs, head north on I-25. Take Exit 149 for Woodmen Road (which is the exit 1 ½ miles after Rockrimmon Blvd Corporate Dr Nevada Ave). Take a left on Woodmen Rd (head west) which will take you under the freeway. After passing the Edmondson Trail Head you’ll see our blue STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage sign and facility on the right side of the road. Keep going and turn right at the next light to stay on Woodmen then turn right on Chapel Lane. Our facility office is near the end of the cul de sac on the right side of the road right across from the Woodmen Valley Chapel Church.Coming from the East
If you’re coming from the east near the Peaks at Woodmen Apartments, head west (in the direction of I-25) on Woodmen Rd. After you go for about 2 miles and shortly after you pass under the I-25 freeway you’ll see our STOR-N-LOCK Self Storage sign and red doors on the right side of the road. Take a right at the next street which is still Woodmen and then take a right on Chapel Lane. You’ll find us at the end of the cul de sac on the right side of road. The Woodmen Valley Chapel Church is right across Chapel Ln from us.Coming from the West
If you’re coming from the west near Eagle Ridge Apartments, head east (towards I-25) on Rockrimmon Blvd. At the light signal where Rockrimmon ends and becomes Woodmen Rd turn left on Woodmen. Shortly thereafter, turn right onto Chapel Ln and you’ll find our facility right across from the Woodmen Valley Chapel.
--Karen L Bauder
--kent frisbie dds
--By: Jennifer Schafer